Thursday 2 May 2013

Spring is finally here…

…and about time too!





































I don't know about you, but I can't remember a winter that's hung in there so tenaciously - I was beginning to think that this was the new normal now - cold/wet/grim/snow/frost - it's like we only have one season now!

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for a woodland site for a future shoot - I was just hoping that it was dry and maybe I'd get some light shafts between trees - that kind of thing. I parked up and wandered into the gloom and was confronted with a wonderful carpet of early spring blooms - wood anemonies covered the ground and as the tree cover was mixed pines and Beech, the leaf canopy was still bare - plenty of light was filtering in. It was as if Spring had been happening in secret and I'd blundered into it accidentally!

The image above was made up from 2 exposures merged together for the foreground and sky. It was so low down, I had to lie on the floor with my tripod laid over on my camera bag and fired with a cable release.

So - make the most of these fleeting displays - if you're lucky enough to be need a site with bluebells, they'll be in bloom about now and wild garlic will be in flower within the next 2 weeks - blink and you'll miss it. We've all been hunkered down for months - seize the day and get in amongst it for some great spring images!

No comments:

Post a Comment